Friday, December 17, 2010

Visit with Santa

The girls had their Christmas program at daycare a few weeks back and Santa was on hand before and after the program to meet with the kids.  At first Hailey wasn't too sure of him, but once she saw a few of her classmates going up to him, she warmed right up.  She didn't even wait for him to ask her what she wanted, but just let him have it. 




So what do my children want - I asked this of them in advance of course so I could be prepared - and I got some interesting answers!  Taylor said she wanted a toy Christmas tree, and an Ariel Barbie.  This was after she told me she wanted a real baby, to which I had to explain that Santa wasn't in the business of delivering babies!  Hailey told me she wanted her own house, her own car, and her own truck.  When I inquired further she said, "You know, like your car, and Daddy's truck, and our house."  Very realistic wishes for a 2 1/2 year-old.  When Santa heard these responses, he looked at Shawn and I, and all we could do was nod our heads and say, "Yup, that's what they want."  Leave it up to our kiddos!