Not much has been going on lately, so there hasn't been much to write about. I can't believe that Hailey is going to be a year old in about 2 1/2 weeks. Time flies! In looking at her, she is starting to look more like a little kid, and less like a little baby. I think she has thinned out a little too. I weighed the girls the other night and Hailey was 21 lbs, and Taylor was 29lbs.
She is acting more like a little kid too. Just before naptime this morning we were playing in the play kitchen downstairs and she was busy stirring something in a cup with a fork, concentrating very hard, and then she drank whatever pretend thing she was stirring. She walks all over with her walker and along the furniture. Shawn almost got her to take a step the other night, but just as we thought she was going to do it, she went down to the floor to crawl. She vocalizes and points at the things she wants, and is quite adamant about getting them too! About a week ago she had a pretty good fever, so I had been taking her temperature in her armpit. After she was better, I had her on the changing table, and she grabbed the nasal aspirator, pulled my vest aside, and stuck the pointy end of the aspirator into my armpit to take my temperature! I don't think it was just a fluke.
As if all of those things aren't enough evidence that our little baby isn't anymore, she tries to dress and undress herself too. If one of her socks or shoes happens to fall off, she picks them up and tries to put them back on her feet. She knows right where they go. And just this morning when I was going to get her dressed she started to pull her own PJs off. Too bad she isn't trying to use the big girl potty! She is very close to saying her first words also. She says Mama and Daddy quite a bit, along with other things, but we aren't sure if she has said it directly to one of us. If she has, it hasn't been consistent enough that we have noticed.
Well, someone is running around wanting lunch, so I had better go. We hope all of you are doing well and enjoy each day, because time really does fly by!