Sunday, March 29, 2009

She's ONE!!!

Okay, so I know that she is not technically one until this coming Tuesday, but we celebrated this weekend. We had a really nice time celebrating with family (thanks Gordon and Amy) and friends. Hailey wasn't too sure about all of the new people in the house, but she definitely liked the cake - it was a piggy! Taylor, of course, loves an audience and had a lot of fun.

I know I have said it a ton of times, but we really can't believe Hailey is a year old. It seems like just overnight she went from being our little baby to a big girl. I look at some of the pictures from the party and she looks so old. As if someone just informed her she was no longer a baby, she has started working on walking (she has taken a step on two different occasions) and is communicating even more - trying to say words and repeat us.

The two collages below are basically in order of how the events took place. The first is the cake eating collage. I made her a piggy cake. The red all over her face is the colored gel I used to outline the ears and mouth. Shawn decorated her face, until he realized that the food coloring did actually stain a little! Not surprising, she loved the cake and frosting. She didn't need a whole lot of encouragement to dig in. She actually protested at having the cake taken away!

The second collage is the gift opening. She really liked the paper and was super excited about her ball pit. She was trying to play with it while I was attempting to open it! She climbed on top of the box and started bouncing up and down! It was a big hit!

We wish all of you could have been here to celebrate with us! Enjoy the pictures!