Thursday, August 27, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge!

Well it has been awhile since I have posted anything, and we have been pretty busy having a lot of family fun. Two weeks ago we went camping with Nina, Rick and Tavin. The girls had a lot of fun, and so did Shawn and I. Then Shawn was off to Ft. Worth for the week, and returned just in time for our Great Wolf Lodge weekend.

Shawn took Friday off and we headed down to Kansas City. This was our second year making the weekend trip, and I am pretty sure we have started a new tradition. As you can see from the pictures, the girls had a blast, and so did Shawn and I. Not surprisingly, Hailey wasn't afraid of anything. She loved the slide, even going down face first! We needed just one more person to help take a picture! Taylor loved the slide too, but wasn't quite brave enough to go face first. Taylor said her favorite part was the big pool (the one with the floating snake). I think it was her favorite, because we discovered she can swim! She swam her way all over the pool without any help at all. We are pretty proud of her, and she is quite proud of herself too!

We had an extra bonus this time at Great Wolf Lodge. Because the BN Club had so many people going for Saturday night, the hotel offered room upgrades for a minimal cost. We took advantage of the deal and upgraded to a Wolf Den Suite. The girls thought there special room was really neat and they had a lot of fun playing in it. The room was so nice that I think it is the only way we will go now. All in all, it has been a really memorable and fun couple of weeks!