The weekend before Halloween we did something that I didn't think I would ever do (having grown up in N. WI) - camp in late October! We went camping with a few of our neighbors and group of friends the weekend of the 23rd. We had an absolute blast! I think we have found a new Halloween tradition!
The campground gets totally decked out for the holiday. Almost every single site decorates for Halloween, and some of them are really intricate. There are also activities going on throughout the weekend, including haunted hay rack rides, living history museum, horseback rides, pumpkin roll contest, etc.
We camped with about 7 other families, and there were almost 25 kids! Needless to say Taylor and Hailey had a great time. We went trick-or-treating Friday and Saturday night, and had a little time to explore during the day. The weather was gorgeous - sunny, about high 70's, low 80's with enough of a breeze to make it great.
What more could you ask for - great friends, beautiful weather, and fun camping with our little munchkins!