Monday, October 18, 2010

More Halloween preparations

I was able to finish the girls' pumpkin shirts.  The single face shirts have now been painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, and the multiple face shirts now have faces.  The girls are pretty excited about the shirts.  We are headed camping this weekend and I can't wait for them to wear them. 

In other Halloween preparations we finished decorating the outside of the house.  The girls helped me make some yard stake ghosts.  We also hung a bat, two more ghosts, and tried to rescue my gourds that the dog's stole - monkeys.  I have some Halloween lights to put up, but we are saving those for camping this weekend.

As I have mentioned, we are going camping this weekend with a group of neighbors.  The campground does a lot of special activities for the holiday all throughout the month.  They do pumpkin carving, mummy wrapping, trick-or-treating, a haunted hay ride, and I guess everyone goes all out to decorate their camp site.  We are pretty excited for it - so look for more posts after the weekend!