Well Taylor is a big Kindergartner now! I don't know where the time, or my little baby, went! We asked her what she wanted for a special breakfast on her first day, and of course she picked pancakes (her favorite thing for Shawn to make). We let her pick special toppings for her pancakes, so she ended up having, ready for it, pancakes with butter, huckleberry honey, whip cream, strawberries, blueberries, and huckleberry syrup. Sounds good right! I was just happy she forgot we have some M&Ms and chocolate chips!
She was pretty excited for the first day and was all smiles until she had to say goodbye to Shawn. He is leaving to go out of town again this week (his 3rd and final week out of town for awhile) and she has been pretty teary-eyed at goodbye time. So there were quite a few tears, but not related to Kindergarten at all.
Shawn then went to the vehicle and I comforted her and stayed with her until the bell rang. I was able to distract her in her room and I think she was fine soon as things got under way. We just can't get over that we have a Kindergartner!
I will have to let you know how the first day went and what her thoughts are on the whole thing!