Hailey loves her new tent sooooo much! When we got home from her birthday weekend, on 4/1, we set it up on the floor in her room, and she hasn't slept in her bed since! She sleeps in it every night, and on the weekends Taylor sleeps in it with her. She told both Shawn and I (separately), that she didn't like her bed anymore . . . she just liked her tent, and she didn't need to sleep in a bed at all, because she has her tent! She also told us that it was her best birthday present ever and we were the best for getting it for her!
Shawn and I were wondering between the two of us, how long she would want to leave the tent up and sleep in it. As if she could read our minds, she told me "Mommy, we will have to take my tent down when Santa comes. He won't have anywhere to put my stocking in my room if my tent is up. We will have to take it down then." So there's our answer I guess!
Since we recently purchased the pop-up camper (see post below) she is even more excited to go camping! She asks us everynight if we are going to go camping tonight and sleep in the camper. Last weekend while Shawn and I were cleaning it, she refused to go anywhere and stayed in the camper with us the whole time. She even fell asleep on one of the beds while we were cleaning. I think we have a major camping enthusiast on our hands!