Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend was absolutely beautiful. It was sunny and warm all weekend long, and we spent the entire time outside. We got a lot done on the various planting/landscaping projects, ate some awesome meals, and did some fun things with the girls.

Saturday we went to Pioneers Park with the girls. The park has a few different animals for people to see, and a ton of beautiful hiking trails. The girls got to see some buffalo, deer, elk, turkeys, owls, hawks, falcons, turtles, and snakes. As you can see from the picture, Taylor even petted the one snake. She is definitely not my kid! She thought it was pretty neat when the snake wrapped itself around her ankle! None of the rest of us thought it was too cool though! I don't know, maybe creepy animals are becoming the Memorial Day weekend tradition. Last year it was the Madagascar Hissing Cockroach that she held at the Lincoln zoo, and now this year the snake. I am afraid to see what next year holds!

On Monday we got Hailey's little blow-up kiddie pool out and the girls splashed around a little bit. Of course they didn't want to wait until the water warmed up, so it was pretty cold! They splashed around a little bit, but didn't really want to sit in the water. I don't blame them. I have a whole bunch more pictures, but can't fit them all on the blog. I need to figure out some way to attach an album instead of collages every time. If anyone knows how to do that, I am all ears.