Friday, May 22, 2009

Update

Well, obviously it has been awhile since I have posted anything. Below this blog, you will see that I finally got around to posting some of the pictures from Taylor's numerous birthday parties. The weather has been so nice, that it has been hard to get in front of the computer to update this site, and we have been doing a lot of outdoor projects. I will try and do a little better job of that - no promises though!

For those of you who actually take an interest in what Shawn and I do, we have decided to not build our dream home at the moment. We still have the property and the plans, and intend to hold on to both of them, but just felt that the timing didn't feel quite right. We love our neighbors, the friendships that both the girls and Shawn and I have established, and were just a little too reluctant to leave that at the moment.

So, Shawn has thrown himself whole-heartedly into garden projects here at the house. We now have a small vineyard (about 96 grape vines - three different varieties of red wine grapes), a large raspberry patch (about 96 plants - two different varieties), a strawberry patch, several blueberry bushes, 10 topsy-turvy tomatoe plant growers, and a vegetable garden. Needless to say I wasn't joking when I said we have been doing a lot of outdoor projects. We have not forgotten about our property either, and have planted several more apple trees out there.

Typical Shawn and I, we don't have any major plans for the Memorial weekend. We just plan to stay around the house, work outside on various things (weather permitting) and cook and grill lots of good food. We might try and do something special with the girls (Lincoln zoo or something) and will hopefully have some pictures to share! We hope that all of you have a nice Memorial weekend and holiday and wish we could be there to celebrate with you! Take care and have a good one!