Monday, February 22, 2010

Daycare Update

So as many of you know, today was the girls' first day at their new daycare, and not that I am surprised, but everything went great! When we arrived this morning Taylor went right to her class, put her stuff away as if she has always been there, went right to a table to sit down next to another little girl and started getting her stuff ready for breakfast. I had to call her back over to me to say goodbye! So grown-up and independent already! One thing that definitely sets my mind at ease is that her teacher also has a tree nut allergy, so she knows exactly what to avoid!

Hailey also warmed right up to her room. She was slightly reluctant to be put down, but went very willingly to her teacher's arms. When I called at lunch her teacher told me that she had been in the thick of things all morning, singing the songs and counting numbers, etc. She said she was impressed because newcomers typically hang out in the back and just observe for awhile - but not our Hailey! She stayed dry all day long and used the potty like a pro (they have the really small kid size toilets - she likes that), and was really excited to tell me about her day when I got home. She was telling me she sang songs, and played duck-duck-goose and RAN!!! It was cute.

Shawn picked them up this evening (I am out of town auditing) and said they were both pretty excited to show him around. All in all it is going to be a great fit for us I think!