Friday, February 19, 2010

It's been awhile


I have no idea why the paragraphs won't take in this post. No matter how many times I hit enter it won't put the added spaces in - what a pain!
So I realize that I am not doing a very good job of my posting once a week. I always have good intentions, but then time slips away from me. It doesn't feel like a whole lot has gone on, but I am sure there are tons of little things that happen everyday that I just forget about.
Tax season is clipping along, not quite as bad as past years, but I suppose I shouldn't speak too soon. The girls are doing great, and getting soooo big. I had to include the picture of Hailey. She looks so big with her little pig tails in! She is doing really well on the "big girl potty" and hardly has any accidents at all. Yeah for her (and for us)! She loves to snuggle in bed with Taylor in the evenings, and gets quite upset when you make her go back in her crib. So we are pretty sure she is ready for a "big girl bed" too.
Taylor is still the same, although the terrible "3's" are getting better. We can't believe she is going to be 4 soon. Her vocabulary seems to multiply every day. She is really starting to become a good helper. She loves to help unload groceries and get things ready for dinner.

In other news both Shawn and I have gotten new vehicles. I am now driving a Subaru Forester, and Shawn a Chevy Silverado. My new vehicle purchase was intentional, Shawn's, however, was due to major repairs being needed on his old truck. Needless to say we are relieved to both have new vehicles we don't need to worry about, but are totally sick of vehicles in general!

Let's see, what else . . . the girls are both going to be starting a new daycare on Monday. We visited for a couple hours today to get them acquainted with it. Taylor walked right in as if she's been there for ages and went right to her area and sat down to play. She immediately had a whole group of kids around her welcoming her and saying hi. They were almost fighting over who got to show her all of the different things. By the time we left, I found her on a couch, heads together with another little girl reading a book together. It was really cute!
Hailey warmed up to her group really quickly too. When we went to leave, she threw herself at her teachers and gave them hugs. It was cute too because when we first got there, there was a whole group of 2-year-olds that came up to us to shake our hands, introduce themselves and say hello. Hailey was a little overwhelmed at first, but then walked right off to play. It's nice to see them being confident. Shawn and I are pretty excited to see what this new place holds for the girls. We'll be sure to keep you updated.