Thursday, July 7, 2011

The past few weeks

It has been quite awhile since I have done any posts, so I thought I would catch everyone up.  Shawn sold his tractor (sad moment for him) and we went on a little bit of a shopping spree - getting area rugs, comforters for the bedrooms, a new TV, new tires for his truck, an outside shed for a dog kennel, and a gun safe (amongst other things). I painted Taylor's room - underwater Ariel theme - and am still contemplating doing some wall murals that she keeps asking for.  Hailey's room is next, and she chose an animal theme.  So I am trying to come up with some unique things there. 

Two weekends ago we went to Fort Benton Days in Fort Benton (of course) and had a lot of fun there.  It is really quite pretty there right along the Missouri River.  I brought the camera to take pictures, and then of course left it in the car!  The girls had fun looking at the old fort and the various craft booths.

Last weekend for the 4th we went to the Fresno Reservoir to swim (it was up in the high 80's, low 90's).  We quickly discovered that the place is huge, and to truly enjoy it one needs some toys, i.e. a boat or a pair of jet skis.  So what else do you do, but buy a boat!  So I was informed today that we purchased a boat and will pick it up next week in Whitefish (provided it all looks/runs okay).  So we are pretty excited about getting out and using that.

As I mentioned above, we will be headed to Glacier and Whitefish, Montana next week.  We booked a KOA camping cabin about 2 weeks ago, so we are all set.  Shawn and I are both really excited to see the mountains and the park.  Shawn has been wanting to take us to Whitefish ever since he had some work out there about 6 years ago or so.  So stay tuned for pictures from that adventure!

Other than those things, we have just been busy exploring more of the local area, meeting neighbors, and doing odds and ends around the house.  I think you are all caught up now!