Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving and other updates

As always, I seem to be a little behind in getting things posted on here.  There really hasn't been too much happening around here.  Shawn had his last week of traveling in November, at least until January, so we are pretty excited to have him home continously for awhile. 

Shawn shot his first mule deer this year, and he was pretty excited.  It wasn't the huge buck he was maybe hoping for, but when you are hunting with five other guys, you have to take what you can.  While he was hunting, he also had the opportunity to see a Bighorn Sheep ram, and several elk.  I was pretty jealous of that one!



I don't know how it happened, but Shawn talked me in to buying a deer license so that I could try and get another deer.  Since we did not travel anywhere for Thanksgiving this year, we got up early Thanksgiving morning and went out hunting.  I am afraid Shawn thinks we have started a new tradition!  Although the hunting excursion was fruitless - after missing a huge 4x4 mule deer buck (more than once I might add), I discovered I need to actually practice shooting with a rifle and through a scope! - we did see some beautiful country.  I also quietly admitted that I did have fun and would do it again, so let it begin I guess!


After hunting we came home and rested for a bit before heading to a neighbors for a wonderful dinner and visit.  Although we didn't get to see any of you, we are very thankful for our family, immediate and extended, our wonderful friends.  We are so blessed in the area we live in and the health that we have.  It is a pretty wonderful life!