Well the day has finally come when I am now home alone by myself for the day! The house is very quiet right now, and although it is peaceful now, in a few hours I am sure I will be a little sad.
Hailey on the other hand, was ready and rearing to go this morning! When I checked on her last night before bed she already had her school clothes on - the little squirrel! She wanted to have an egg mcmuffin for her first day of school, and she told me all of the stuff I needed to put in her lunch. After a few pictures at home, we met Shawn at the school, and Hailey proceeded to show him her class and her desk, etc.
Shawn then left to take Taylor to school (and meet her teacher) and I tried to find Hailey on the playground. Yes, I had to look for her because she found some Pre-K friends and just took off. When I finally caught up with her I asked if she wanted me to stay for awhile yet (there were still about 10 minutes before the bell rang), to which she said, "No, you can leave now." I have to admit that although I am very proud that she is that confident, independent, and excited, I was hoping for a little more attachment! :) She is going to do great, and I am soooo excited to hear all about it this afternoon!