Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Coeur d'Alene Trip

We have been so fortunate this summer to have taken several really fun family vacations - Disney World, Red Lodge, and now Couer d'Alene, ID. What a fun summer we have had!

Shawn was able to schedule some work for over in Spokane, WA, so once again we took advantage of the situation and the girls and I joined him for the week. While Shawn worked the girls and I did several things. We did the Mudgy Moose Trail, played at the park, did a lot of swimming, went to the orchard, went shopping, went kayaking, and played at the Children's Museum (where we saw a snake being fed a mouse - icky!).

On the way back home we came back through the Glacier area, where the girls got to eat breakfast at their favorite place - the Huckleberry Patch in Hungry Horse - and Shawn got to do a little fly fishing while the girls and I relaxed on the river bank.

That whole area of the country is so beautiful and one of our favorites. It was really nice having the opportunity to go back there this summer!