Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Children's Museum

Although I don't deer hunt, I have always looked forward to deer hunting season. Opening weekend has always been a special time to do fun mother/daughter things like shopping, watching chick-flicks, and eating appetizers for dinner! I have enjoyed the tradition so much with my own mom that I wanted to start a similar tradition with my own girls. They are not quite old enough to appreciate or enjoy shopping or chick-flicks, but that didn't stop us from finding something fun to do.

So, this past weekend while Shawn was out hunting, I took the girls to the Lincoln Children's Museum with a neighbor friend. It was a little crowded, but the girls had fun. They had both been there before with their daycare, but I didn't get to see that. Hailey really liked the one room with a little ramp that she could crawl around on - it was one of the only places that wasn't soooo crazy that I could actually put her down! I think Taylor's favorite part was the little pizza kitchen where she could make pizzas and put them in the oven or the brick oven. They had a little booth set-up in the kitchen, so she got to serve me pizza. I have attached some of the photos from the day down below.